Monday, February 6, 2012

My first ever blog award


The Liebster Blog Award is being passed around lately and I am very happy to receive Matt’s recommendation. Thank you, Matt! 



Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.

3. Pick your favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.

4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

Many of the blogs I would have nominated have already been nominated by others. I will try not to repeat any. 

Here are five blogs I enjoy reading:

The Apartment Prepper may have over 200 followers: I don’t know how to tell since she’s not on Blogger. But I enjoy her blog because she has a slightly different perspective than most other prepping-related blogs, being short on space and living in an apartment setting. I read some really great homesteading-type blogs but sometimes I have trouble relating, since I don’t have 40 acres and a farm (maybe someday!). I’m sort of in the middle of the two since I live in a house in a suburb with something like 1/16th of an acre, including what land is under the house.  
  
Mystic Mud is fairly new to the blogging scene. I’ve gone back and read her whole blog from the beginning just because it’s so entertaining hearing about how she lives with her husband and ten kids in a 600-square-foot trailer. And they’re all happy as clams. 

Rambling Anne has not posted lately but I am sure she’ll be back before long. If you read through some of her posts, you’ll see that she and her husband have quite a few irons in the fire so that may be keeping her from any quality computer time. I’m endeared to Anne for all of her gardening expertise and her funny stories about their guineas and chickens. She tells a good story. 

As of this moment I don’t think anyone has awarded ModernDay Redneck, so I’ll try to be first. I enjoy reading about all of his projects and the way he models self-sufficiency for his daughters, as well as for the rest of us. Plus, he’s funny. 

Lastly, The Orange Jeep Dad gives still another perspective on preparedness. Currently living in a large city with his wife and six daughters, he relates their exploits at home, and imparts knowledge learned mostly the hard way about gardening, finances and being a parent, among other things.
I could easily nominate five or ten more but I’ll leave some for others to mention. There’s my five: go check them out if you haven’t already!

4 comments:

  1. This was lots of fun-getting the mention then spreading to others. Thanks for thinking about me Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Bernie :) I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you so much! I really appreciate the award, and that you took the time to read our whole story (so far)! xo ~ michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Michele. Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete